Boston: North End & Areas
A Day By the North End
I spent a beautiful day by the North End of Boston (in other words, Little Italy.. Atlantic ave, etc.) with my family the other day and wanted to share a few spots we stopped by with you! This is a very child/elder friendly itinery as we had both my niece and our 80 years+ grandparents with us!
- Parking: I always find street parking on Hanover St.
- First stop: Mikes Pastry for a cannoli (standard, but still so good)
- Next up: Greenway for my niece to refresh in the sprinklers
- There was also a cool art installation / optical illusion with a vertical garden on the greenway - check their website for updates!
- Walk past the harbor and over to the Boston Aquarium - we actually like to just see the seals for free outside (but going inside is obviously great too).
- The Greenway Open Market is a little art fair set up every Saturday during the summer. Check their calendar for specific times.
- Then off to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall.
- In Quincy Market we grabbed some pizza from the famous Reginas Pizza.
- After walking a little, we headed over to the historic HayMarket farmers market (I could not believe how cheap the veggies and fruit were! There was a huge box of mangos for $5!) Also on Saturdays - make sure to check the calendar!
- Next up - grabbing an ice cream in the Boston Market next door! SOOO cute!